If you are one of the many individuals who suffers from back pain, you know how difficult it can be to find a comfortable sitting position, especially in a conventional chair. A recliner, which allows you to lean back and elevate your feet, may offer you some relief by taking pressure off your spine.
However, with all the different options available, finding the right recliner to ease your back pain can be troublesome. No one wants to wander around furniture stores while their back feels like it’s been tied in knots. That’s why we’ve done the work so that you don’t have to. Use the following information and reviews to help you find the best recliner for back pain and start enjoying a new level of comfort.
Top 10 Recliners for Back Pain Table
|1. bWise USA Catnapper Power Lift Full Lay-Flat Recliner||Upholstery Velvet||$$$$||5.0|
|2. KAHUNA MASSAGE CHAIR Zero Gravity Full-Body Kahuna Massage Chair Recliner LM6800||Vinyl||$||4.6|
|3. ideal massage Full Featured Shiatsu Chair with Built in Heat Zero Gravity||Vinyl||$$$$||4.3|
|4. Outdoor Sunshine Recliner Power Lift Chair with Massage Heat with Control||Leather||$$$||4.3|
|5. Esright Massage Recliner Chair Heated PU Leather Ergonomic Lounge 360 Degree Swivel||Leather||$$||4.2|
|6. Merax Power Massage Reclining Chair with Heat||Suede||$||4.0|
|7. RECLINER GENIUS Leather Massage Recliner Chair Swivel Heated Sofa||Leather||$$$||4.0|
|8. Relaxzen 60-42511105 Leisure Recliner Chair with 8-Motor Massage & Heat||Faux Leather||$$||3.9|
|9. Dorel Living Padded Dual Massage Recliner, Chocolate||Microfiber||$$||3.9|
|10. HomCom Heating Vibrating PU Leather Massage Recliner Chair||Leather||$$$||3.7|
Choosing a Recliner for Back Pain
Before you choose a recliner to help ease your back pain, it is helpful to know what is causing your discomfort. Only a doctor can properly diagnose the specific cause of your pain and offer solutions. Your doctor may even be able to make recliner recommendations based on your specific needs. However, there are a few basic ways a recliner can help.
- For general back pain, a recliner that offers lumbar support while slightly elevating the legs will be most comfortable.
- For individuals suffering from pinched nerves characterized by numbness, tingling, or shooting leg pain, a recliner with firm back support and low elevation of the legs will offer the most relief.
- If you suffer from a herniated or compressed disc, you will want to look for a recliner that adequately raises the knees above the hips.
- For someone with sore back muscles, especially due to strenuous physical activity, a recliner that is soft and plush will be the most relaxing.
Other Features to Consider
- Massage. Some recliners come with a built-in electric massage option. This feature can bring even more relief to those suffering from back pain. Expect to pay a bit more for a recliner that includes this bonus feature.
- Electric Lift. Designed for people with mobility issues, some recliners can help elevate the user to a standing position. These are especially helpful for the elderly or those recovering from major back surgery.
- Material. The ultimate recliner will be made from a soft and comfortable material. Cotton, leather, and microfiber are all popular material choices. If you have children or pets, you may also want to consider the durability and stain-resistance of your recliner’s material.
- Style. While style does not ultimately decide the best recliner for back pain, some consumers want a recliner that coordinates with their home’s existing décor. There really is no “right” choice when it comes to style. It all depends on personal preference.
Top 3 Best Recliner for Back Pain Reviews
If you are looking for relief from your back pain, you’ll find it in this premium recliner. Filled with comfortable gel-infused foam designed to relieve pressure on key points of the body, the Catnapper Power Lift offers a level of comfort that will exceed your expectations.
This chair will help make everything from watching television to casual living room conversation more comfortable and enjoyable. And when you’re ready to get up, the back and ottoman move separately to help lift you from sitting to standing without stressing your back.
While this recliner is categorized as a medical device, you certainly wouldn’t know it by looking at it. The attractive premium fabric offers a rich and luxurious look and feel that you’ll be thrilled to add to your home.
The specially designed frame structure and airbag support in the neck, shoulder, hips, and waist areas, help evenly distribute your body weight, relieving joint and back pressure. Incorporated into the design of this massaging recliner is a roller trail which supports your back all the way from your neck to your buttocks. In this chair, you will feel so comfortable and relaxed that your body will seem almost weightless.
You’ll have fun testing out all the massage and reclining options. It has everything from gentle stretching yoga to deep tissue massage. No matter what is causing your back pain, you will enjoy the zero-gravity relaxation and improved blood flow from the massage options. While the price tag may seem expensive, it really is an excellent value for everything this recliner has to offer. In fact, the only drawback to purchasing the Kahuna Massage Chair is that once you sit down in it, you’ll never want to leave.
This Shiatsu massage chair delivers a relaxing massage to relieve stress and muscle pain. Forget those fancy massage parlors. With this recliner, you can experience all the benefits of a stimulating massage right in the comfort of your own home.
With three different massage options, you’re sure to find just the right mode to relieve the stress on your aching back muscles. Just sit back, kick up your feet, and feel the relief as you watch television, read a book, or chat with your family. See what a daily massage can do to offer you relief from back pain. Try this recliner from Ideal Massage. You won’t be disappointed.