Out of all the types of linens to grace your bed, Percale sheets are probably at the top. And, there’s a pretty good reason for that. Due to their signature tight weave, these sheets not only that have a luxurious appeal but also feel like a flight of angels sew them. They’re soft, breathable, and, most importantly, durable.
We realize that with so many options regarding the construction, fiber, and features it can be hard to determine which bed set to buy. That is where this guide can come in handy.
Below you can find all the information you need to find the best Percale sheets.
Things to Consider When Buying Percale Sheets
Percale sheets are famous worldwide. However, numerous factors can make the difference between a quality set and a mediocre one.
- Know Your Cotton. Not all cotton is created equal. Pima cotton and Egyptian cotton are considered to be the highest quality cotton out there. While both types have a fiber length that is ranging from 35 to 38 mm, Pima cotton is an extra-long staple (ELS) while Egyptian cotton is not. Due to their fiber length, both types get smoother and softer with every wash. Make no mistake; Percale sheets aren’t necessarily 100% cotton. Some of them might be a blend of 50% cotton and 50% polyester, so pay close attention when buying a bed set.
- Pay Attention to the Thread Count. What sets Percale sheets apart from other bedding is the construction. A quality sheet must have at least 180 threads running in one direction per square inch. Obviously, the higher the thread count, the higher the quality too. Not only that sheets with a high thread count feel softer, but they are also more resistant. If 180 threads feel amazing, just imagine how smooth and luxurious a 300 thread count will feel.
Top 10 Percale Sheets Ultimate Table
What to Look for When Buying Percale Sheets
A lot of different factors can make or break the quality of a Percale bed set. Here are some tips that can help you find the best Percale sheets.
- Pay Attention to the Construction. Make sure the bed set has a series of vertical and horizontal threads woven one at a time. This construction makes Percale sheets feel smooth on both sides. Keep in mind that the tighter the weave, the smoother the sheets will feel.
- Wrinkle-Resistant Fiber. Due to its durability and longevity, cotton is the preferred fiber for Percale sheets. However, the dense weave threads can cause the fabric to wrinkle. That is the reason why some manufacturers add wrinkle-resistant fiber, such as silk or polyester to improve the quality of the sheets.
- The Color Can Make a Difference. It might seem like just a matter of taste to choose between a white sheet and a blue one. But, the dye is usually applied after the sheet has been woven, which means that it can feel stiff until you’ve washed it a few times. As a rule of thumb: the softest sheets are light colored.
- Cost. Numerous factors influence the price of Percale sheets, such as the type of cotton, the color, the density of the thread count, and so on. Egyptian or Pima cotton bed sets are usually more expensive than other types of cotton fiber or a poly-cotton blend, but they are smoother than cotton candy.
Top 3 Best Percale Sheets Reviews
The Percale sheets by Mellanni are the overall highest rated type of bed set under this category.
The high number of threads – 300 per square inch – gives this bedding the exceptional comfort and luxurious feel. Since it’s made from 100% pure cotton, this bed set is not only soft but also breathable. That way, you can ensure that you’ll have a pleasant and restful sleep, all while keeping your body’s temperature within comfortable limits.
The resistant, airy and crisp fabric will help you sleep like a baby and wake up refreshed and full of energy. These Percale sheets are great for any bedroom, whether we’re talking about the master bedroom, guest room or the kids’ room.
Mellanni offers a lifetime guarantee, so you know that this is a great deal. If you’re not fully satisfied with the quality, the manufacturer will refund your money, even without returning the set.
Soft, durable, breathable, and with a high thread count, Mellanni 100% Cotton Bed Sheet Set is, without a doubt, among the best Percale sheets.
Made from 100% cotton, Sheetsnthings offers a Queen size bed set that is as smooth as it gets. With a high thread count, 300 per square inch, you can rest assured that this bedding is of high quality and it can offer you the comfort and softness you were looking for all this time. Plus, these sheets come in a variety of colors, so you don’t have to worry about sticking to the classic white for your bedroom.
This bedding also features elastic that can ensure proper fit regardless of the bed size. The quality and durable stitching will make this bed set withstand years of use.
Versatile, affordable, and made from 100% cotton fiber, these Percale sheets are a great investment you will not regret.
Crisp but not too stiff, Nautica offers a quality Percale set that won’t make you sweat. Smooth and soft, this bed set will give you that cool feel that can help you sleep better than ever before. More than that, this bed set doesn’t wrinkle easily, so you don’t have to worry about wasting time ironing your sheets.
Nautica Stripe Cotton Percale Sheet Set may have a smaller thread count than the other two options (only 200), but that doesn’t mean they don’t deliver the quality and comfort you would expect from Percale sheets. They do, and at a reasonable price.
With an interesting pattern and made from 100% cotton fiber, these Percale sheets are a great bargain.