Finding the best kitchen trash can seem like a simple task, but it can quickly turn into a shopping nightmare! If you’re on the lookout for a new kitchen garbage can that will be affordable, subtle and most of all, do the job it’s meant to do, then you’ve come to the right place.
Here we’ll give you a rundown on the best kitchen trash cans the market has to offer, as well as all the things you need to consider before buying.
Buying a trash can? Consider the following things before you choose one!
- How Big Is My Kitchen and How Much Waste Does My House Produce? It’s worth considering just how big your kitchen is before you rush into buying an enormous kitchen trash can. If you are tight on space, look for models that are smaller or can be easily tucked into the nooks and crannies of your kitchen. The benefit of this is that you can keep your trash out of sight!
If you have a significantly larger kitchen, the chances are that you’re also going to be producing more trash on a daily basis; this would be what warrants getting a larger bin because if you get a small one, you’ll be taking the trash outside far more than you’d like.
- How Much Do I Want to Spend? It’s worth thinking about your budget before you buy. Trash cans are essential parts of the household, and you don’t want to skimp and end up with the smell of rotting food floating through your house. However, you don’t want to go overboard and buy something beyond your needs and means.
Top 10 Kitchen Trash Cans Table
The Dirt on Trash Cans – How to Choose a Good One
- How Easy Is It to Remove the Bag? You should always consider how easy it is to remove the bag before investing in a kitchen trash can. If you have problems lifting heavy things, then maybe consider a smaller model that won’t hold as much trash and therefore won’t weigh as much when it comes time to empty.
Similarly, if you suffer from conditions like arthritis, it can be worth figuring out just how easily you’ll be able to get the trash bag out and in the larger bin outside.
- How Easy Is It to Open? This is a question to ask yourself if you have pets or children. The ease of opening might be of no importance to you, but any curious creature in your house could break into the bin, and that could lead to potentially disastrous consequences!
If you want to keep your bin child and pet free, the best kitchen trash can for you will be tricky to open for little/ furry ones!
- Type of Lid. This could be personal preference, but the type of lid is important to consider. Foot pedal operated ones or touchless infrared lids normally come with a higher price tag, whereas those with a simple flip top might require two hands to open. Spinning, rotating lids can be simple and cheap, but also messy! Think wisely.
Top 3 Best Kitchen Trash Can Reviews
Taking first place is the beautifully designed, simple and sleek simplehuman kitchen trash can with foot pedal operation.
Easy to open, and the perfect size for any kitchen, this trash can will blend in seamlessly with its surroundings and won’t ruin the ambiance of your household. What’s more, the lid is dent-proof and silent closing, which means this trash can would be ideal for families who want a resilient product – the foot pedal is designed to withstand 20 years of use!
We recommend this product for those who want a quality product that’s worth investing in, easy to clean and child-friendly.
Simplicity is key with this basic trash can from Rubbermaid that’s ideal for anyone on a budget, or who wants something that prefers practicality over aesthetics.
Coming in a basic shade of gray, this plastic kitchen trash can has a 10-gallon capacity and is small enough to tuck away into tight spaces, meaning you can easily keep it out of sight and mind in your kitchen!
We especially recommend this Rubbermaid product for those who are tight on cash or those who want to save some money, as well as those with smaller kitchens who need to save space.
The third of our most highly recommended kitchen trash cans is another simplehuman model with a foot pedal operation. This time it comes in a subtle and understated shade of black which makes it ideal for those who aren’t fans of the ever-popular chrome shades.
The lid is smooth closing and has a lock on it that will stop any unwanted visitors (or children or pets!) breaking into the bin and making a mess. What’s more, it has a large capacity, and for that and all the above-mentioned reasons, we think this is the best kitchen trash can for large families.