Ever wonder why jersey knit sheets are so popular as crib bedding? That’s because they are so soft! Forget the hype of (much) more expensive silk and satin sheets – jersey sheets are an affordable and durable way to get that feels-so-good against-your-skin effect from your bed sheets.
Finding the best jersey sheets will take a little effort on your part, however, which is where our review tries to help you out. We have a line-up of the top 10 jersey sheets with a close-up review of the three highest ranked sheets.
We have even put together some pointers you should consider before making your jersey sheet selection and some shopping tips to ensure you get great quality with your purchase.
Things to Consider When Buying Jersey Sheets
Jersey sheets are a great bedding option, but there are a few things you should bear in mind as you contemplate purchasing them.
- Washing in Cold Water. Washing your jersey sheets in warm or hot water can cause them to shrink and become damaged. That might pose a problem since bed sheets are usually washed in warmer water to ensure that they remain hygienic.
- There Is a Neatness Factor. Jersey sheets often referred to as t-shirt knit, have quite a bit of “give” making the material soft AND stretchy. If you like perfectly straightened sheets when you make the bed, the stretchiness will have you spending a little extra time getting your jersey sheets to look just right.
- They Are Harder to Fold. Because of their stretchiness, jersey sheets will not fold up as easily and neatly as stiffer sheets do. Most people don’t mind that, however, as the warmth and softness you get from your jersey sheet makes it a more than fair trade-off!
10 Best Jersey Sheets Chart
Jersey Sheets Shopping Tips
A good set of jersey sheets will keep you cool in the summer, warm in the winter and last you a pretty long time. To ensure you do end up with a good set, take a look at our shopping tips.
- A Set of the Best Jersey Sheets Looks Like a Set. All the same color and all the same quality. As soon as your jersey sheets arrive, check them (sheets and pillow cases) to see if all the pieces look like they were colored with the same die. Check too to verify that they all seem to be of the same quality material. Any differences might mean you end up with sheets that wear unevenly and simply look odd when placed on the bed together.
- Ensure You Get Sheets That Fit the Mattress You Have. It’s not just about the bed size, be it a twin, full, king or queen. The depth of the mattress is also very important. Thick mattresses will need fitted sheets with pockets that fit around them neatly and securely. While some brands will simply say “deep pockets,” you should try to ascertain a measurement in inches for the mattress thickness the sheets are meant to fit.
- Extras Are Always a Good Thing. It’s quite okay to go for sheets that say wrinkle-resistant and anti-microbial. In just the same way, some people really appreciate when the sheets are designed to stay put on the bed without slipping off easily: this is usually accomplished by diagonal bands placed across the bottom corners of the fitted sheet.
Top 3 Jersey Sheets Reviews
If you like to wear t-shirts everywhere, including to bed, then these are definitely the sheets for you. Their quality gets them top billing on our “Best Jersey Sheets” list, and on most other lists you will come across.
The AmazonBasics Heather Jersey Sheet Set is made from pre-dyed yarn. It is 100 % cotton, woven to a soft and comfortable heathered combed effect. The sheets may be purchased to fit any of 5 different bed sizes and are machine washable.
Complaints about this sheet set are very rare, but one of the areas where reviewers expressed some regret is the lack of color variety. Some reviewers who are in love with the quality of this sheet set, do say they would have liked a greater choice than the five basic colors.
Modal, a type of rayon, is often used to make clothes that need to feel silky soft against your skin. Hence, you will find it being used to make bathrobes, pajamas, towels, underwear and, of course, bed sheets.
The Brielle 100-Percent Modal from Beech Jersey Knitted Sheet Set certainly will not disappoint you if you are searching for sheets to help you feel comfortable and relaxed as you nod off to sleep.
Reviewers are generally pleased with the selection of colors, plus you can purchase this set of sheets to fit six different bed sizes. The fitted sheet from the Brielle 100-Percent Modal from Beech Jersey Knitted Sheet Set is made with deep pockets to fit mattresses up to 15 inches thick.
Brielle has an impressive line of bedding options, so it is no surprise that the company takes two spots in the top three on our list. In fact, they have all of three sheet sets featured in the top 10!
This Brielle Cotton Jersey Knit (T-Shirt) Sheet Set comes in 6 different bed sizes. They are available in 13 color variations including a few nicely patterned selections to help you better express your design style.
The set is 100 % cotton, made of high-quality single-ply yarns and has pockets deep enough to ensure a snug fit on mattresses up to 15 inches thick. Most reviewers appreciate the quality of the Brielle Cotton Jersey Knit (T-Shirt) Sheet Set and the affordable price at which it is sold.