Choosing a fan for your home can be more complicated than you would expect. They come in a large variety of shapes, sizes and power levels; their features are just as varied as their appearance.
When you factor in your budget, and where you’ll be using your fan, the process can become even more complicated. Luckily, the market for fans is a large one, so there is a great option to fit your needs, no matter how unique they are!
This buying guide was created to help you find the best fans for summer, keep reading to find reviews and ideas written with your needs in mind.
Which Fan Is Best for You?
Let’s take a look at the different types of fans so you can decide which one is the best fit for your home:
- Box. Box fans can sit on the floor, or on any flat surface like a dresser or table. They easily portable, very sturdy (you don’t have to worry about banging them up when you move them around), and are usually one of the less expensive options. However, they take up space and can be an eyesore.
- Tower. Tower fans bring many features to the table; they provide a sleek look and quiet performance. Many are programmable and come with remotes. They fit in easily with most décor and come in a variety of sizes. They do come with a higher price tag, so they may not be the best choice for shoppers with a tight budget.
- Stand. Stand fans provide power while taking up a small amount of space. They usually provide oscillation, but they can be loud and also topple over easily. Price points and sizes can vary greatly.
Tip: If you’re searching for a great stand fan on a budget check out #8 in our table.
Top 10 Fans for Summer Table
|1. Holmes 12 Inch Blizzard Remote Control Power Fan with Rotating Grill||12-Inch||$$||4.6|
|2. Rowenta VU5551 Turbo Silence Oscillating 16-Inch Stand Fan Powerful and Quiet||16-inch||$$$$||4.5|
|3. Lasko 2554 42-Inch Wind Curve Fan with Remote||42-Inch||$||4.3|
|4. Honeywell HT-900 TurboForce Air Circulator Fan, Black||11-Inch||$||4.3|
|5. Lorell LLR49256 Wall Mount Fan||16-Inch||$||4.3|
|6. LKaz Honeywell HY-280 QuietSet Whole Room Tower Fan||32-Inch||$$$||4.1|
|7. Arctic-Pro Digital Screen Oscillating Tower Fan with Remote Control||42-Inch||$$$||4.1|
|8. Lasko 1827 Adjustable Elegance and Performance Pedestal Fan, 18-Inch, Black||18-Inch||$$||4.0|
|9. Lasko 2521 Oscillating Stand Fan, 16-Inch, Black||16-Inch||$$||3.8|
|10. Lasko 4000 Air Stik Ultra-Slim Oscillating Fan||14-Inches||$$||3.8|
How to Find the Best Summer Fan
Shopping for the best fans for summer can be an exhausting process. Here are some ideas to consider, narrowing down which type of fan you want will make the process easier:
- Size. Think about the space where you’ll be using your fan. If you have room for a large fan, or if you’ll need a space saving option. Desk fans are also a great choice if you need relief from the heat in a tiny space!
- Quantity. Do you need multiple fans for your whole home? Alternatively, are you shopping on a budget and looking to buy one sturdy fan that you can move from room to room? The number of fans you need and your budget restrictions will influence the fan (or fans) you purchase. It’s good to have a plan before you begin shopping.
- Features. Do you want a fan that is completely programmable? Some come with timers, remote controls, and auto fan settings. If you would like all of the bells and whistles, remember that they usually come at a price.
Top 3 Best Fans for Summer Reviews
This fan from Holmes is number one on our list for consumers looking for a small, portable, powerful fan.
It’s a 12-inch fan made of plastic and metal, with a rotating grill that provides a wide area of cool coverage. An oversized carrying handle makes it easy to move around, and its convenient cord storage makes this perfect for work or a small living space.
You’ll find tons of features stuffed into this small fan; it comes with a remote control, three-speed settings, sleep and breeze modes, and an automatic shut-off timer that you can set with your remote.
We love all of the convenience and ease that is packed into this small fan. It delivers a great breeze for being 12 inches and proves that you can do a lot with little. No wonder it’s at the top of our list for the best fans for summer!
Rowenta delivers a stable pedestal fan with a 16-inch oscillating head, and game-changing innovative design.
The 4-speed fan is made with five uniquely engineered extra-powerful and quiet blades; they are designed to move air up to 1695 cubic feet per minute. This fan provides an almost immediate sensation of cool air and is a huge relief on hot days.
The base is stable, so you don’t have to worry about this fan tipping over every time you try to move it. It comes with a remote control for easy temperature control from anywhere in the room.
This fan is a great choice for anyone who needs some serious relief from summer heat. It’s also a great choice for light sleepers who need a quiet fan.
If you’re looking for an inconspicuous option for relief from summer heat, this fan from Lasko is your best bet.
It is inconspicuous and blends in nicely to most corners in your home or office. At 42-Inches, it is a high-reaching tower that will keep a large room feeling cool.
It comes with a multi-purpose remote control with three quiet speeds and an electric timer. You can count on its tower design to provide maximum air delivery.
This tower fan is perfect for cooling a large room without being an eyesore; it’s perfect for any home, office or business setting.