Who doesn’t love waking up to a freshly brewed cup of coffee? For countless individuals across the globe, coffee is an essential for starting out the day. But because brand name brews can be pretty expensive, many of us find that brewing at home is a great way to save time and money.
If you thought buying a coffee machine would set up more of your budget than you’re willing to spend, you thought wrong. In fact, there are many of great choices that won’t even cost you a penny over 50 bucks. Don’t believe us? Check out our list and find the best coffee maker under $50 to help you stay well within budget.
Top 10 Coffee Makers Under $50 Table
Coffee Maker Considerations – How to Make the Right Choice
While there are some great budget-friendly coffee makers on the market, there are others that really just fall short of expectations. So as with any other purchase, the price tag shouldn’t be your only consideration.
Find out how to choose a reliable, durable, and effective coffee maker that doesn’t put too much of a dent on your pocket by keeping these main factors in mind.
- Types of Coffee Machines. Prices vary between different types of coffee machines. However, aside from their cost, these different coffee machine types also offer various results. So depending on the type of brew you prefer, you may want to look into the specifics to find out which one suits your preference best.
- Single Cup. Single cup coffee makers are exactly as their name implies. That is, they can only brew a single cup at a time. This can be a great choice if you often find yourself making coffee just for yourself. These machines are also much more economical in terms of water and bean usage.
- Drip. A drip coffee maker is the most common kind of coffee machine you’ll find in homes. These machines can brew several cups worth of coffee at a time. The only downside is that users may have to precisely measure water to coffee ratio to get the best taste out of their brew.
- French Press. While it may not be for everyone, the French press coffee maker can be a suitable choice for people who like to be hands-on during the coffee making process. French press coffee makers are also known to be the ideal machine for maximizing the flavor of artisan coffee beans and granules.
- Percolator. The percolator is a type of coffee machine that extracts flavor from the grounds or beans by constantly passing water through it. This is the coffee maker of choice for people who prefer strong brews.
- Cappuccino and Espresso Machines. For those who want to create fancy coffee concoctions at home, cappuccino or espresso machines can be a suitable choice. Keep in mind though that these machines often tend to be more expensive.
- Coffee Used. To make coffee, these machines need first to use a coffee source. There are three main forms of coffee that you can use to create a brew, and each one varies greatly when it comes to prices.
- Beans. Beans are the middle ground when it comes to coffee sources. They can range in price however, so you may find some beans to be more expensive, depending on their quality and age. Even then, beans almost always need to be ground before they can be used in standard coffee machines.
- Grounds. Grounds can be found in grocery stores and are often the cheapest choice. They don’t produce the same, potent flavor that fresh beans do, but they’re a lot easier on the pocket.
- Pods and Capsules. These are the newest coffee source on the market. Pods and capsules contain a potent coffee flavored liquid which comes in a number of different varieties. They’re often the most expensive, but are also much easier to use compared to other choices.
Top 3 Best Coffee Maker Under $50 Reviews
With a solid stainless steel body, a layered stainless steel filter structure, and a large 1000 mL capacity, the Secura Stainless Steel French Press Coffee Maker is definitely a steal if you’re looking for the best coffee maker under 50 dollars.
This top quality coffee maker uses the French press design, allowing you to extract flavor from your coffee grounds to achieve an optimal brew. The design features a cool touch handle and knob that makes the entire coffee making process comfortable and safe. It also boasts an easy disassembly process to make clean up much faster and problem-free.
Despite having the make and design of a high end French press, the Secura Stainless Steel French Press Coffee Maker offers the same top quality results at a very affordable cost.
If you often find yourself having to make coffee for more than just one, the Hamilton Beach 46205 12 Cup Programmable Coffee Maker can allow you to brew up to 12 cups for easy group servings that don’t take too much time or effort.
The programmable machine can be set to brew at your desired time so you can wake up or come home to a fresh cup without having to start the process yourself. Plus, it also features a no-mess design that reduces the time and effort you need to spend to clean the machine.
All in all, the Hamilton Beach 46205 Coffee Maker is easy, fast, and convenient. So at just under 50 dollars, this can be a great investment.
For those who mostly brew a cup o’ Joe for just one, the Aicok Single Serve Coffee Maker may be right up your alley. This coffee machine uses coffee pods to create single servings of coffee at a time.
It features an auto shut-off technology that saves energy, and comes in a lightweight body that’s perfect for travelling or for small kitchen spaces. Its wide openings and water tank make it easy to clean without having to struggle to reach tight areas inside the structure, and its quick brew technology allows users to create a cup in just minutes.
The only downside with a brewer like the Aicok Single Serve Coffee Maker is that it can be pricey up front, and pricey to maintain, especially because it uses coffee pods as its only compatible coffee source.