There’s nothing quite as wonderful as getting cozy into a nice warm blanket at the end of a long day.
Especially when the weather gets cooler into winter, having a great blanket to use on your couch or bed matters. You want to be warm, but not suffocate, especially if you are someone who wakes easily during the night.
If you’re wondering what type of blanket to purchase next to keep you warm throughout the seasons, keep reading for a list of the best blankets you can buy today.
Top 10 Blankets Ultimate Table
|1. Napa Sherpa Throw Blanket Brown 50" x 60" Reversible Bed Throw TV Blanket||Micro Mink Fleece||$$||4.8|
|2. Chanasya Super Soft Long Shaggy Chic Fuzzy Fur Faux Fur Warm Elegant Cozy||Faux Fur||$$$||4.8|
|3. Richave Polar Fleece Blankets Queen Size for The Bed Extra Soft Brush Fabric Super Warm Sofa Blanket||Fleece||$$$$||4.8|
|4. Genteele Super Soft Luxurious Sherpa Throw Blanket, 50" X 60", Teal||Faux Sheepskin||$$$||4.7|
|5. El Paso Designs Genuine Mexican Falsa Blanket||Acrylic||$$||4.7|
|6. NTBAY 100% Cotton Cable Knit Throw Blanket Super Soft Warm Multi Color||100% Cotton||$$$$||4.6|
|7. Napa Luxury Shu Velveteen Throw Blanket, Super Soft Decorative Bed Blanket||Fleece||$||4.6|
|8. Qbedding Microplush Fleece Blanket, Flannel Microfiber All Season Blanket||Microfiber||$$||4.6|
|9. Balichun Luxury Fleece Plush Blanket 320 GSM Super Soft Warm Fuzzy Lightweight Throw Blanket||Fleece||$$||4.5|
|10. Tache Tartan Plaid Super Soft Warm Winter Cabin Throw Blanket||Polyester||$$$||4.5|
The Best Blanket Materials
Whether they’re in your bedroom, living room, or even your backyard, you’ll want to have the most versatile and comfortable blankets purposes.
- Fleece. Fleece is super soft and cozy, as well as being easy to wash. It may be a good alternative fabric to wool, as it offers similar insulation properties but is lighter and hypoallergenic.
- Cotton. Cotton is such a soft, breathable, hypoallergenic fabric that it’s a great blanket material. They are great for people with sensitive skin or for people who “sleep hot.” Thin cotton blankets are especially great for summer as they offer some weight for sleeping without ever getting too hot.
- Microfibre. This is a great option for cold winter nights. Typically, microfiber blankets feel wonderful on the skin, are easy to clean and come in a variety of thicknesses. They are great on the couch during cold winter nights but are not as breathable as natural fabrics.
- Wool. Wool is definitely the warmest and most durable of all fabrics, plus, as a natural fabric, it does breathe well. It is an excellent insulator and a good choice if you live in a very cold climate.
Wool is also highly absorbent, so it will wick moisture away from your body, keeping you from getting too hot. However, it does require special cleaning.
Heated Blankets: Yea or Nay?
Have you always wondered about electric blankets, but weren’t sure if they would be worth the investment? Here are some of the pros and cons.
- Pros. Using an electric blanket at night can help you to save heat, but bear in mind that you are still using electricity as you have the blanket plugged in. They also allow you to get your entire body warm, which is wonderful for those with circulation problems or muscle pain.
- Cons. These blankets can still get too hot, leaving the user open to burns. While this doesn’t happen often, it is something to consider if you are considering using one on your bed. They can also be safety hazards for pets and children.
Top 3 Best Blankets Reviews
We adore this blanket because it offers two sides of softness, one faux lamb’s wool, and the other plush fleece. It is super cozy and comfy and comes in a range of awesome colors.
It is a standard throw made for use in the living room or as a top layer on your bed. It’s thick and warm, but not overly heavy, so it is perfect for most seasons. The Napa Sherpa offers a surprising amount of warmth for the size and thickness without weighing you down.
The Napa Sherpa Throw is 100% polyester, so it is easy to wash. Use it indoors or out for maximum comfort all day and all year long.
It is a super light, cozy blanket that’s the perfect size for two. Plus, it adds a soft, inviting touch to your living room or bedroom décor.
This throw is so soft and cozy you won’t ever want to leave the couch!
Adding a little touch of faux fur is a great way to add a little fun to any room, and do you know how cozy it can be? It feels so great against your skin that when you wrap this blanket around you, you will feel like you’re getting a big warm hug.
The kids will love this blanket, plus it makes a wonderful all-purpose, all-season gift for almost anyone.
It is elegant enough to keep in the living room but completely durable and washable, so if it ends up in the playroom or out on the deck, that’s not a problem either!
You pretty much can’t go wrong with a super cozy blanket that is useful in every room and every season. This blanket comes in a sweet range of jewel-tone and neutral colors, so you just can’t go wrong with this super practical purchase.
The Chanasaya Faux Fur Throw makes a great anytime gift!
Here’s a fleece throw that is so durable and comfortable, once you get in, you will never want to get out! The Richave made our list of best blankets because it not only looks good in any room in the house, it is also extremely versatile and durable.
The blanket is made with polar fleece, which is long lasting, durable, hypoallergenic and feels great on the skin. It is completely washable, but colors won’t fade, and you never have to worry about it stretching or shrinking after you wash it.
This is a blanket that’s large but still lightweight It’s warm in the winter but still breathable in the summer. This blanket features 2-sided pile, making it extra durable and suitable for outdoor or indoor use.
It is amazing and soft, and you can even use it in addition to or in place of a comforter during the winter, or if you’re washing the rest of your warm blankets.