Whether you have an at-home bar, a “Man Cave,” a “She-Shed” or you simply enjoy having a cold beer while relaxing or watching a football game, you realize the importance of having a beer fridge.
There are many options and styles available and making a choice can become confusing, but it doesn’t have to be because we have carefully researched the options.
Our guide will lead you to the best beer fridge for your home, one that will meet your needs while staying within your budget.
Remember This Before Buying a Beer Fridge
You might be asking yourself why owning a beer fridge would make sense. Why not store them in your regular refrigerator? Let’s take a look at the practical side of owning a beer fridge:
- Temperature Control. For best taste and quality, beer should be stored in a temp-controlled environment, and beer fridges are made for this specific purpose.
- Light. To maintain integrity and quality, beer should always be stored away from light sources. If you have lived in a household where the kitchen refrigerator is opened frequently, you may want to invest in a beer fridge.
- Kids. Having a separate beer fridge in your home keeps kids away and safe from alcohol, especially if you purchase one with a lock.
Top 10 Beer Fridges Comparison Chart
|1. Marshall Compact Fridge||22 x 24.2 x 33.9 inches||$$$$||4.5|
|2. Danby DAR044A5BSLDD Compact All Refrigerator, Spotless Steel Door, 4.4 Cubic Feet||21.1 x 20.7 x 33.1 inches||$$$||4.1|
|3. Uber Appliance UB-CH1 Uber Chill Mini Fridge 6-can portable Thermoelectric Cooler and Warmer mini fridge||12 x 12 x 12 inches||$$||4.1|
|4. RCA 1.6-1.7 Cubic Foot Fridge, Orange||20 x 18 x 20 inches||$$||4.0|
|5. Whynter BR-128WS Beverage Refrigerator with Lock, 120 Can Capacity, Stainless Steel||18.8 x 17 x 32 inches||$$$||3.7|
|6. EdgeStar 62-Can Beverage Cooler - Stainless Steel||20 x 17 x 18.5 inches||$||3.6|
|7. NewAir 84-Can Beverage Cooler||17 x 18.5 x 25.2 inches||$$$||3.6|
|8. Danby 120 Can Beverage Center, Stainless Steel DBC120BLS||19.8 x 17.9 x 33.7 inches||$$$||3.5|
|9. Whynter BR-130SB Beverage Refrigerator with Internal Fan, Stainless Steel||18.5 x 33 x 17 inches||$$$||3.5|
|10. Haier HBCN05FVS 150-Can Beverage Center||21.2 x 20.5 x 31.4 inches||$$$||3.4|
Educate Before You Refrigerate!
You may think “it’s just a beer fridge…what is there to know?” The answer is plenty! It’s not just about keeping your beer cold; remember, your goal is to purchase the best beer fridge to suit your needs so consider these factors before you buy.
- Style. Naturally, you want a beer fridge that fits the décor of your space; this could mean a specific color, shape, brand or maybe even a certain type of logo.
- Size. This applies to both the size of the fridge itself and its capacity; check dimensions to be sure it fits your space and know how many cans/bottles it can hold.
- Cost. You want a fridge you can afford, and as you have seen from our comparison table, there are options for every budget.
- Adjustable Shelving. This will become important if you keep both cans and bottles in your beer fridge.
- Sturdy Shelving. If you’re keeping a large quantity of beer in your fridge, you definitely want shelving that can hold up the weight.
- Lock. If you have small children in your home, you may want to consider a lock for your beer fridge. Better safe than sorry!
- Protection from Light. As mentioned previously, beer should be kept away from light sources. Your beer fridge should have a solid or at least has a dark, smoked glass door.
Top 3 Best Beer Fridge Reviews
By far the most fun beer fridge on our list, the Marshall Compact Fridge is for rockers everywhere; this is a 4.4 cubic foot refrigerator/freezer made by Marshall with their official logo and authentic parts from the brass-finished faceplate to the fret cloth. It even has knobs that crank to 11!
This fridge comes with a full-sized and half-sized glass shelves that are adjustable and have a spill protectors; a Marshall branded tempered glass shelf, a lower area with plenty of space and a door rack with the capacity to hold 2L bottles. Other features include fridge temp that adjusts from 0 to 10 Celsius, freezer temp that adjust from 0 to -6 Celsius, adjustable front leg, stability bar and a door that is reversible. It is also CFC free.
Overall, it’s a great beer fridge and certainly an outstanding conversation piece! It’s a little pricier than other fridges, but it’s also a good investment for your mancave or home bar area. It’s well-built and is a great option.
The Danby brand made our list twice due to their versatility and quality. This fridge is Energy Star compliant and gives you plenty of room to keep your beverages cool. The interior capacity is 4.4 cubic feet, and there is plenty of room for tall bottle storage.
The door resembles stainless steel while also being smudge-proof. There is auto-defrost, a CanStor beverage dispenser, a state-of-the-art thermostat and ample adjustable shelving. Its size makes it a great fit for any office, RV or smaller space where refrigeration is needed.
The refrigerator keeps a nice, steady temperature and is built to last. It is a little noisy though but not to the point of distraction. It is budget-friendly and available in other sizes. This one is definitely a good choice.
The Uber Chill Mini Fridge is smaller than most on our list but still a nice beer cooler. It’s an excellent option for limited spaces and will hold either 6 cans or 4 500ml bottles. It has a sleek, retro style that is quite popular.
Features you’ll find with this product are a removable shelf and a recessed door handle that self-locks. It comes with two cords: one 12v cord that will work in a vehicle cigarette lighter and an AC adaptable cord for home/office use. As a thermoelectric fridge, it can keep items cold or warm. Not to worry, though, as it will keep beer at an optimum temp.
If you are a person who is often on the go, this is a great option. The biggest negative about this product is the manufacturer recommends unplugging the fridge every 2 hours to allow it to cool down; this can be somewhat inconvenient. Otherwise, it is affordable and works well.