Whenever we think of air pollution, images of industrial funnels and dark smoke rising into the atmosphere come to our mind. These examples are certainly problematic, but the truth is that the worst air quality you experience on a daily basis is right in your living room. In fact, indoor air quality is among the top five environmental risks to public health.
Although you can’t eliminate all dust particles, you can take measures to improve the quality of the air you breathe inside your home. The best air purifier for dust, for example, can capture up to 99.97% of the particles, even those that are just 0.3 microns in size.
But, how do you find a highly performant dust purifier?
Here’s a short guide to help you.
Things You Need to Know Before Buying a Purifier
Keeps these factors in mind when looking for a dust purifier:
- Look for Portable Purifiers. Most portable dust purifiers weigh between ten and 20 pounds, so you will have no problem moving it around the house. Even if they’re a bit bigger or heavier, most of them come with a handle and wheels, which makes it easy to maneuver the device.
- Ensure It Has a HEPA Filter. An HEPA filter can capture dust particles that are smaller than the diameter of one strand of hair. Keep in mind that while you can clean some HEPA filters, others must be replaced annually.
- Check If It Filters Pollutant Particles. A quality purifier will gather smoke from fireplaces or candles, pollen, fumes and unpleasant odors. Some models can even eliminate chemical filtration.
- Look at the Annual Operating Costs. In addition to a rise in costs on your energy bill, bear in mind that you’ll also have to replace the HEPA filter and the carbon filters. If you want to cut down on the costs, look for Energy Star qualified models.
Top 10 Air Purifiers for Dust Table
|1. Winix WAC9500 Ultimate Pet True HEPA Air Cleaner with PlasmaWave Technology||HEPA Filter||$$$$||4.5|
|2. GermGuardian AC4825 3-in-1 Air Cleaning System with True HEPA Filter||HEPA Filter||$$||4.4|
|3. Enerzen Commercial Ozone Generator 4500mg Industrial O3 Air Purifier Deodorizer Sterilizer||Timer Function||$||4.3|
|4. Surround Air Intelli-Pro XJ-3800 7-in-1 Intelligent Air Purifier||HEPA Filter||$$$||4.3|
|5. Honeywell 50250-S True HEPA Air Purifier, 390 sq. ft.||HEPA Filer + Servicing Indicator||$$||4.2|
|6. Hamilton Beach TrueAir Allergen-Reducing Ultra Quiet Air Cleaner Purifier||HEPA Filter||$||4.2|
|7. Best Choice Products SKY1057 Ionic Air Purifier/Ozone Ionizer||Ionizer||$$||4.1|
|8. Venta Airwasher 2-in-1 Humidifier & Air Purifier - LW15 White||Humidifier||$$$$||4.0|
|9. Envion Ionic Pro Turbo Ionic Air Purifier||Ionizer||$$||4.0|
|10. O-Ion B-1000 Permanent Filter Ionic Air Purifier Pro Ionizer with UV-C Sanitizer||Ionizer||$||3.8|
How to Buy a High-Quality Purifier for Dust
With so many models, features, and specifications, finding the best air purifier for dust can feel like a challenge. Here’s what you need to know to purchase a performant device.
- Make Sure It Contains an Ionizer. One of the most important things you need to pay attention to when looking for a dust purifier is if it has an ionizer. This feature will attract the dust particles through static electricity, meaning that the purifier won’t produce ozone, which is a lung irritant.
- Look for Purifiers with a Washable Filter. Not only that a pre-washable filter can help reduce your overall costs, but it will also ensure that the air quality inside your home is under control.
- Ensure It Is Silent. Instead of purchasing a smaller air purifier and cranking it up, opt for a bigger model and set it at a medium speed. It will perform better than a small dust purifier and make less noise.
- Check If It Has a Fan. There are two types of purifiers, with or without a fan. Purifiers that feature a fan make the air circulate and therefore, gather more dust at once.
- Ensure It Comes with a Servicing Indicator. When you’re spread out in 30 different directions, trying to balance your work with your family and social life, it can be easy to forget to check your purifier. Purchase a device that will let you know when it’s time to clean it or change the filters.
- Multiple Speeds. Although the noise your dust purifier makes may not disturb you during the day, things change at night. Invest in a unit that features multiple speeds so that you can turn it down a notch while you sleep.
Top 10 Best Air Purifier for Dust Reviews
Winix Ultimate Pet True HEPA Air Cleaner is the overall highest rated dust purifier regarding performance and price.
With state-of-the-art technology, this unit can collect allergens that are only 0.3 microns in size. Whether your indoor air is filled with dander, hair, pollen, or other pollutants, leave it to Winix to capture them.
The HEPA filter can capture 99.99% of airborne pollutants as well as pet odors, cooking smells and smoke. With this unit in your home, you can rest assured that you will be breathing the freshest air possible.
Due to the PlasmaWave technology, this purifier destroys and neutralizes germs and viruses so that you can forget about allergy attacks.
With multiple settings, sensors, and an auto-mode, the Winnix Ultimate is the best air purifier for dust you can purchase.
Perfect for medium sized rooms, the slick design of the GermGuardian Cleaning System will blend well with your furniture, all while keeping your house sanitized.
Improved with a UV-C light technology and Titanium Dioxide, any airborne bacteria, mold spores or viruses will be a thing of the past. Just imagine taking a breath of fresh air right in your living room and feel as if you’ve been hiking to the top of a mountain.
One of the great things about this unit is that it comes with a LED indicator that will blink and change its color when it’s time to change the filter. Moreover, the multiple speed setting will make it easier to control the power and the level of noise.
Performant, affordable, and easy to use, this purifier is an excellent investment for you and your family.
This air purifier from Enerzen can sterilize a larger square footage than most units on the market. Not to mention, it also comes at an affordable price.
Easy to install, portable, low maintenance and lightweight, Enerzen will eliminate and control cigarette smoke, fumes, and airborne irritants.
Another thing that makes Enerzen an excellent investment is that it has an eco-friendly design. In other words, due to the ultra-low battery usage it requires, you’ll save money on your energy bill. Moreover, the industrial grade steel casing will keep this air purifier cleaning for years.
Highly performant, sturdy, and powerful, the Enerzen Air Purifier can help you keep the air quality in your house under control.