Getting the right amount of sleep is paramount to keeping you healthy, happy and productive during the day. Ultimately this all comes down to the quality of your bed and whether it has been designed to be as comfortable as possible.
Many buyers have considered purchasing an adjustable bed at some point in their life, but are regularly discouraged by price or hospital-related ideas about this kind of bed. In this guide we have outlined all the reasons to ignore these negative thoughts and that the price tag can fit into any buyer’s budget.
Below you will find all of the information you will need to make the right choice and a list of the best adjustable beds available to buyers, ranging from completely automatic to some more economical options.
Top Five Reasons to Buy an Adjustable Bed
- Health. While sleeping better will certainly improve your overall health, there are more benefits to choosing an adjustable bed. As you will have better circulation this can actually improve the condition of your heart and the positioning can help with both asthma and arthritis.
- Snore-Free. You will find that once your, or your partner’s, head is elevated any snoring will be largely eliminated.
- Sound Asleep. Due to the flexibility in positioning you will be able to find the perfect setup for you. As many adjustable beds can be customized to your exact size you can have the maximum amount of comfort.
- Other Activities. Reading, watching TV and using a laptop are all much easier in an adjustable bed. Not only are these activities more straightforward but the position of the bed stops you from hurting your back.
- Extras. Massage features, built-in alarms and various position memory settings, means you can have a bed that meets all of your needs.
Top 10 Adjustable Beds Comparison Table
|1. Fashion Bed Group 4AQ171||Queen||$$$||4.8|
|2. Laggett and Platt 4AL100||Twin XL and Queen||$$||4.7|
|3. Fashion Bed Group 4AQ169||All Sizes||$$$||4.7|
|4. Serta 822119-950 Serta Motion Essentials II||Twin XL, Full and Queen||$$||4.6|
|5. New Split King S-CAPE PERFORMANCE MODEL ADJUSTABLE BED||King||$$$||4.5|
|6. Primo International Fleet Adjustable Bed||Twin XL||$$||4.5|
|7. REVERIE 7S ADJUSTABLE BED||Twin XL, Queen, Split King and Split Cal King||$$$$||4.5|
|8. Invacare Semi Electric Hospital Home Care Bed Combo Package||Twin||$$$||4.3|
|9. PragmaBed Simple Adjust Wood Slat Head and Foot Adjustable Foundation||Queen||$||4.2|
|10. Classic Brands Adjustable Heavy Duty Metal Bed||All Sizes||$||4.2|
Buying the Best Adjustable Beds
- Automatic or Manual. Some of the options included in our list of products are manual and need to be moved by the buyer rather than by a remote. This may not be as convenient but it is certainly more economical. The first thing to consider when deciding between these options is how often you will need to move the bed.
- Don’t Forget the Mattress. Buyers regularly purchase a highly expensive adjustable bed and then try to save money on the mattress. As with any bed the mattress makes or breaks the sleeping experience and this should certainly play a part in your final decision.
- Simplicity. Some adjustable beds come with all kinds of functions, if, however, you are not comfortable with using it then you won’t want to.
- Details. The bed doesn’t have to look like it was meant for a hospital. Have a look at all of the extra details just as you would if you were buying any other kind of bed.
Top 3 Best Adjustable Bed Reviews
There are very few products that can be fairly described as “life changing” but the Leggett & Platt – 2015 S-Cape Performance Model really is. Not only does this bed allow you to adjust to every position that you could want it also does so extremely quietly, which is a huge added bonus.
The reason that it is able to adjust without much noise is because the entire bed is sturdy and well constructed. While it is certainly weighty it has a great Wallhugger technology design, which means you won’t have your entire bedroom taken up by the bed. The Leggett & Platt – 2015 S-Cape Performance Model also comes with a simple, yet useful for circulation problems, massage feature built into the bed.
This model is the number one option on the market for those looking for top quality amongst the best adjustable beds.
Unlike many other adjustable beds on the market the Leggett & Platt ShipShape is a much lighter option. This doesn’t mean that it lacks in durability, as this model still provides the quality base that Leggett & Platt is so famous for. This product has the perfect combination between being easy to set up, which ideally will take two people under 45 minutes, but also having the sturdiness that an adjustable bed needs.
The bed also comes with detachable wheels that make it even easier to move around if this is required but they can also be removed to provide an even stronger base. Overall the Leggett & Platt ShipShape is the best product for such a low price that is currently available. If this product is matched with a high quality mattress then the buyer will instantly feel the positive effects.
Whether you are choosing the twin XL version, the split king or anything in between from the Fashion Bed Group, you certainly won’t regret it. They have a large number of models available to suit any need and each one will provide the perfect sleeping experience for the buyer.
When the bed arrives it is carefully packaged and comes with clear instructions, which means that everything can be up and running within half an hour. This bed provides buyers with a range of adjustable options that can also be programmed so the bed will “remember” the setting. For sheer comfort, ergonomics and flexibility, the range of adjustable beds from Fashion Bed Group really will be a fantastic addition to any home.